When the topic of employees earning, credentials is brought up to decision makers, the most common response is: "If we pay for employees to earn a credential, they'll leave our company". The follow up questions then is: "What happens if we don't train our employees and they stay?"
Without education and training, employees lack the skills they need to be more productive, to be promotable and to be company assets.
4 REASONS WHY EMPLYEES HOLDING PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS BENEFIT YOUR COMPANY
1. CREDENTIALS LEAD TO HAPPIER EMPLOYEES & EMPLOYEE RETENTION When you invest in employees by offering credentials, employees become more engaged and more likely to seek advancement opportunities within your company.
2. CREDENTIALS HELP EMPLOYEES BUILD GREATER CONFIDENCE IN THEIR PERFRMANCE Credentialed employees learn the importance of adhering to professional standards and are more likely to meet industry benchmarks and deliver high-quality work.
3. CREDENTIALS GIVE CLIENTS AND RESIDENTS GREATER CONFIDENCE IN YOUR COMPANY Clients and residents feel secure in knowing that credentialed employees have demonstrated a standard level of skills, experience, and expertise.
4. CREDENTIALS BOOST PRODUCTIVITY Credentials prepare employees for day-to-day challenges, positively impact efficiency and improve team productivity.
4 WAYS TO OFFER CREDENTIAL PROGRAMS IF YOU CAN'T OFFER THEM TO ALL EMPLOYEES
1. Offer Credentials to the high performers that you want to retain and promote. 2. Offer Credentials to employees who have met company performance goals. 3. Offer Credentials to commemorate years of experience. 4. Consider paying 50% or 75% of the cost of the credential which allows you to credential more employees.
Ask your employees to sign an agreement that if they leave your company within 2 years, they agree to pay your company back for the cost of their credential. After 6 months 75% of the cost, after 1 year 50% of the cost.
benefits for employees
DEMONSTRATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Earning a credential demonstrates your commitment to your career and gives you valuable insights and real-world skills you can use on the job. Credentials also validate your knowledge and skills, enhance your credibility, boost your confidence and earn your respect among clients and peers.
It also gives you bragging rights! NAA offers digital badges helping you show the world that you are credentialed. Share it on social media & tag both @NAA & @APTSOFNY so we can see your hard work! Put it in your email signature, on your company's website, digital resumes and many more places.
download the NAAEI Credential digital badge flyer below to learn more